Monday, December 22, 2014

Hey everybody!

This week has been just Grand! I seriously just love love love the Christmas Season so much! It feels like a freebie on feeling the spirit, because the spirit naturally comes with the season. Maybe that is why they always have our New Years resolutions right after Christmas!? Because we are a little more sensitive to the spirit to guide us on things we can accomplish the next year! I want to invite all of you to start contemplating what your new years resolutions will be as we have the spirit of Christ in our homes this Christmas.

So Allison, our investigator, didn't end up getting baptized this weekend.. :( But her reason is understandable. If she was to get baptized in our church, her husband said she would be dead to him. They have been married for 16 years, and have a couple kids. So she doesn't want to ruin that. She feels just like a member already to me though. She helps serve people in the church, offers to pray in the meetings on Sunday, participates more than the other members in lessons, etc.. she is seriously so AWESOME! She is still coming to church every single Sunday, and when she prayed about the baptism with her new situation, the spirit told her that she would be able to be baptized soon. Just not quite yet. So we have been working on serving her husband a little bit this week, to show him that we are nice people, and normal for that matter. Haha. So his birthday was on the 20th this month, so we decked his whole front door out in sticky notes and left some goodies at the front door. Allison saw it first, and just loved it! We haven't heard what Allen thought of them yet though, because he wasn't home when we did it. 

We also had a Christmas Zone Conference this past week on wednesday! It was so much fun! WE GOT TO SEE MEET THE MORMONS!!!!!! It was so good! I guess our president had to "fight" to get the approval of us to watch that! Lol. So glad he did though, because it was awesome! We had hot chocolate, popcorn, candy canes, and cookies while we watched it. I felt like I was in Uncle Corys and Katherines Garage theater room! It was so much fun! We also got a couple packages while we were there! I may have tried to cheat and open them before Christmas this Thursday.. but when I opened them everything was wrapped up individually.. hahaha, my parents know me too well! So i decided I could wait.

I AM SO EXCITED TO CALL HOME THIS CHRISTMAS!!!! I just can't believe its Christmas already! I remember when I called home for mothers day when I was going to see you guys 2 days later.. Too bad its not exactly the same situation.. haha. But its going to be so great! I love and miss you all, and LITERALLY, I will talk to you soon!

Love Always,

Sister Steffani Stokes<3

No comments:

Post a Comment