Sunday, February 23, 2014

Email from a Member in Steffani's 1st area :)

Email from a Member in Steffani's 1st area
Sister Susan Unklesbay


I just wanted to tell you how impressed I was with your daughter today.  Before our scheduled speakers gave their talks, she and our other new elder were asked to bear their testimonies.  Her countenance and enthusiasm were so striking.  It wasn't so much about what she said but that the Spirit was overwhelming.  She's so positive and deeply rooted in the gospel and it shows.  It's unmistakable!  She told of her experience with shin splints during a big race, how she prayed for the pain to go away but it didn't.  She questioned why but didn't get bitter.  Then the next race (I think she said at state) she prayed for the pain to go away and it did while she was running.  I found a tear running down my face; again, not so much because of her words but because of her faith and love and determination.  Oh!  I'm thrilled that she's here with us!  She brings excitement for the gospel.  There's no doubt she came from a wonderful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment