Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hey Everyone!!!

This week has been so much fun! I love sister Davis so much! I can't believe she is going to be leaving me in a couple of weeks! However we are going to be life-long friends now. We decided we are going to do the Ragnar together this November. Crazy! I don't know if I ever told you where she was from.. She is from Ogden, Utah. She plans on going to Weber State when she gets back home. She came straight from high school to her mission. She is just amazing. I just love all of the fabulous people I have been able meet on my mission! I could just serve a mission forever! I just love being around good influences all the time! It makes life so much fun! 

So this week our investigator Julian Moore came to church. He has now been 3 times, but let me tell you.. it has definitely been a fight! Whenever we meet with him, he is all for it! He wants to come to church, and read his scriptures, and pray! However when we leave, satan works so hard on him! We stopped by Sunday morning to bring by breakfast before church. Sister Proffit, His Grandma, told us that he was still sleeping and wouldn't get up. She said she called his ride and said he wasn't coming. So we went in to try and get him up. He was just lying there and just kept saying how tired he was and that he wasn't ready for baptism. Also that he didn't want to be baptized.. :( After a while of talking with him again, he decided that he wanted to come to church! He didn't have clothes, his ride left him, and Sister Proffit decided not to go again this week. Also it was 12:30 and church started at 1:00. It takes 15 minutes to drive to the church from there too!! So in a panic, we decided to go and get his clothes from his apartment for him. We called his ride, and they turned around to come and get him again. He gave us the keys, and we told him to just be ready to hop into Sister Gurneys car. We went to his apartment and got his dress clothes and some hygiene stuff. We met him at the church and he got dressed and ready. We were all sitting in there as the sacrament was being passed! It was a miracle! I have no idea how it all happened and worked out, but God really provides after all you can do! After the meeting Julian told us that he wanted to be baptized this next weekend on the 27th... The spirit really moves people! The only thing is that he has a problem with the word of wisdom.. so we had to tell him no, but we are now working towardsJuly 4th!! Its going to be a miraculous day full of sparks of the spirit and fireworks!! We just need to have spiritual experiences with him every single day to keep satan away. I can guarantee you all that it is going to be a bumpy ride getting him to that date, but I know it can happen. He just needs to remember how he feels when he comes to church, meets with us, and reads his scriptures. He always says he feels a million times better after meeting with us.  Its just hard going back to ground zero almost every single time.. We will get there though(:

Thanks for all that you guys do! You all have impacted my life in some way or another to get me to where I am today! I wouldn't trade the experiences I am having for the world! I can see a broader perspective of my potential. I can see who I am, and what I am capable of in a much better way than before. My mission has changed me. One day at a time. Every single day I have seen miracles, and the Lords hand has been very involved in our work everyday! Love you all!

Love always,

Sister Steffani Stokes<3

No comments:

Post a Comment