Monday, January 12, 2015

Hey everyone!

This week has been a roller coaster! It has been up and down. we had 3 diff investigators on date for my birthday and the 24th, and they all got off date! :(  But on the bright side..

So a miracle we had this week.. we were trying a bunch of 

formers and we were having no luck. Either the address that 

was written down did not even exist, or the people that 

answered kept slamming the door in my face when I was in 

the middle of asking them a question. That never happens to 

me either, but it happened a couple times that day. Also on 

top of that it was pretty rough weather outside. So we were 

getting a little discouraged. However we kept going, and 

continued to look for one of the addresses that just did not 

exist. We were just looking for anyone who was outside to 

ask them where this number was. Finally there was a lady 

that was just about to get in her car a little ways up, so I 

shout to her and tell her I have a question. She waits for us, 

and I ask her if she knows where this house is. She said, 

"no.. who is it you are looking for?" I say, "Mishelle, but we 

don't know her last name.." She goes, "My name is 

mishelle!" 

*Looks at our tags* "Oh I have met with sister missionaries 

before, you are probably looking for me!" So we get her 

number and her actual address, and we are planning on 

seeing her again this week! It was the coolest thing! If you 

just hold on just a little bit longer God will provide. My dad 

taught me something about the fourth watch, I can't 

remember everything that had to do with it. But he did tell 

me that we worship a fourth watch kind of God. People tend 

to want a God that is a first watch, won't rock the boat at all, 

deliver you before there is even a struggle kind of thing. But 

God provides after all that we can do. So It gives you 

motivation to do more, because God promises to be there 

after ALL that we can do.

Another miracle.. So there is a member in the ward that I just 

adore so much! Her name is sister Pratt. Her husband is 

less-active, but has been promising them that he is going to 

be coming back to church the next week, then the next 

week, then the next week, but never does. So they have a 

daughter that is getting baptized this weekend, and her 

daughter has 

been planning on her dad baptizing her for the past couple 

years! Every year since she was five she asks her dad, your 

baptizing me when I turn eight right? Every birthday was a 

countdown to her 8th birthday too.. But obviously he wouldn't 

be able to baptize her because he isn't worthy to. So 

yesterday the parents got in a fight about her baptism and 

about coming to church because it was breaking Ava's heart! 

:( Bishop was coming over to have a baptismal interview 

with 

Ava that day too. So Ava overheard their conversation about 

baptism, so when they come out she asked so are you going 

to baptize me? Sister Pratt was like for once you are going 

to talk to her about this, so he did.. basically he told her he 

didn't know how to baptize her.. then the bishop knocked on 

the door. Their dog ran outside past the bishop and Micheal 

Pratt ran thought the neighborhood bare feet trying to get the 

dog back, and bishop tried to help. Then sister Pratt saw 

Ava balling, and bishop and brother pratt walk back in. Ava 

wiped her tears away. So they were all in the same room, 

and bishop turns to brother Pratt and says, "So I am 

assuming your baptizing your daughter?" He says, "But I am 

not active.." Bishop says, "Do you want to baptize your 

daughter?" Then Brother Pratt said, "Yes, I would give 

anything to be able to baptize her.." Bishop then said, "Then 

you can baptize her." Man! That was the coolest thing! I 

honestly think this is just what will get him active again!! He 

already promised Ava he will come to church this week too! I 

just love them so much! And when Sister Pratt told me this 

story, I just wanted to shout for joy! I was so happy for their 

family! I just love them to pieces<3

They are the family I skyped home from. I just love them. 

Well have and awesome week! Love you!!

Love always,

Sister Steffani Stokes 

No comments:

Post a Comment