Monday, October 20, 2014

HEYYYYYY!
This has been a grand O' week! I have been just loving it down here in Kentucky, I am getting really nervous for transfers, because I really don't want to leave this area.. but I know I will be wherever I am needed. Man! Who would have EVER thought that I would like Kentucky so much?! Not me! Lol. It is definitely not what I had previously assumed it would be like! Haha. There are normal people aside the crazies(: But I think that is probably everywhere, or maybe I am just used to it cause I am from Las Vegas.. Hahaha.
So as you coulds have guessed.. GABBY GOT BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!! I am just sooo excited for her! She has changed so much! I am truly blessed to have been able to teach her and take part in her conversion. The spirit was so strong at her baptism. I just love her so much! And now she is planning on coming out with us to other lessons we teach other investigators all the time! And she told us she plans on serving a mission, and she already plans on doing her moms proxy work in a year! She is just what this ward needed. She has literally woken up the ward with her energy! The ward I think is going to help us out more, because Gabby helped them realize that there are people out there like her looking in the darkness for the light each of us members carry with us everyday. We are so blessed to be members of this church. I didn't realize this until my mission. For anyone reading this I commit you to prayerfully seek out someone to share the gospel with this week and involve the missionaries. It will be you so much joy, I promise! Because It has literally brought me more joy then I thought possible. Try it.
Oh and Sunday after Gabby was confirmed a member, Sister Holm,Sister Mandy Clark, and I all sang in sacrament meeting! We sang Savior Redeemer of My Soul, and the spirit was so strong. I am not going to lie, I was super nervous getting up there because I have never sang with that few of people in sacrament meeting before. However after my solo at the beginning I started feeling better and better. I know that was because of the role of the spirit as our comforter. The spirit comforted me up there, and I was able to sing my best without a shaky voice. I just love the spirit.
Guess what?? I went to the Temple on Friday!! It was so good! The Temple really is the closest place we can get to God. Every single question I had while I was in the Temple was answered almost immediatly. I just loved the temple, it really was a place of refreshing/renewal for me. Well for the next 6 months until I can go again.(:
Well love you all have a great week!
Love Always,
Sister Steffani Stokes<3

No comments:

Post a Comment