Monday, September 28, 2015

Hey Everyone!

I am just sitting here in awe.. 

I can't believe I am going home Wednesday.. This is my last day, because tomorrow I go into the mission home.. It is going to be really hard for me to say goodbye. I have loved my mission! I LOVE MY MISSION!!! President Porter has changed my life! I am in so much debt to my perfect Father. 

Don't get me wrong, a mission is not an easy thing. I have had so many days where I wondered if I was going to finish my mission, but I pushed those thoughts out quickly and just focused on that day I was living. It went by so fast! It has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but the BEST thing I have ever done! Going home is my next step of faith in the Doctrine of Christ. Its okay if I have fears, as long as they aren't holding me back. As long as I keep overcoming them. I will continue to break patterns at home. I will continue to be a missionary at home. It is not over. I will fight the fight.

2 Timothy 4:6-8

 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
I just want you to know that I know that this is the true and living church of Jesus Christ. I know that the power of the Atonement is real. That is how I have gotten to where I am today. The only way is through our Brother. I know that there is power behind the Book of Mormon, it changes liveS! I am so grateful for such a loving Heavenly Father who saved my life by sending me on a mission. My life will be completely different because of this experience. I am so excited to come home and share with all of you the treasures I have learned on my mission. Everyone NEEDS a mission. Especially now-a-days. There is a reason they lowered the age.(:

Oh We had sisters Conference this week. There was general womens conference, and our missions sisters conference the same week!  So I am just so pumped right now to be a women! Woooooo! Its great! Sisters conference was on Thursday from9am-6pm.  I gave a training to all of the sisters about stress management. We had all sorts of trainings given from the leaders. President Porter taught us the doctrine behind being a women. He is just so inspired, and so full of knowledge, and the spirit! At the end of the conference President Porter had all of the sister line up and he had a huge bouquet of roses. All different colors. As the sisters past him, he would look for a specific rose for each sister and say something nice and sweet to them. When it came to me He began looking for a rose. There was only one hot pink rose, so he grabbed that to me. Instead of just telling me something nice out loud like he did for every single other sister. He shook my hand, bent down, then whispered in my ear the nicest compliment! He said, "You're the best we have." After he said that I was in tears. I was in shock! I look up to everyone in this mission so much! I feel like we are just one big huge family! I have made so many eternal friends out here. President Porter is the best! I get on my knees all the time to thank my Father in heaven for making him my Mission President. I am going to cry just thinking about not being able to be here around all of these influences anymore.. I am excited to come home and to share this life changing doctrine he has taught me.. but it is going to be so much harder than it was just coming out on a mission.

This work is real! I have seen miracle after miracle on my mission. Every single day the Lord has talked through me to reach the hearts of Gods individual children. I have no idea what they need, but the Lord does. I leave lessons having no idea what was said, because the spirit literally took over. I love my calling, I love the spirit, I love what the Lord has allowed me to become. I am changed. I still have many many weaknesses, but I know who to trust. I know who is going to help me overcome those weaknesses and turn them into strengths. 

I am so excited to come and see all of you! Its going to be in a blink of an eye. But until then, I will be serving the Lord fully! I love you!

Love always,

Sister Steffani Stokes  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment