Monday, July 28, 2014

Hey Hey Everyone!

I realize that most missionaries talk about their spiritual experiences they are having on the mish, and I have been talking about bugs and other strange experiences.. So I decided to be a little normal this week and share a miracle!

Can I just say that I love trailer parks! They are literally gold mines for new investigators! So me and Sister Lee are walking through this trailer park doing formers, when we see these 2 old ladies up on their porch talking. So we decide to go and talk to them and find out that one of them, Anna, has recently been diagnosed with cancer and has been looking for a church to join. The other lady, Tonya, has also been looking for a church. So Anna tells me to go up to the front door and knock to get her boyfriends attention. She wanted him to hear the message we had as well. So I get him, and he comes out and listens as well. We ended up teaching them about the restoration and at first they were looking for us to say something wrong/something they don't agree with so they could ague with us. Oh and he told us that he had been to the DC temple, but that the Mormon religion wasn't for him. But let me tell you, the spirit was so strong during that lesson, it felt so thick that I could almost physically feel it. By the end of the lesson they all were excited to hear more about our church and the boyfriend said that he was definitely willing to dip his feet into the Mormon religion. I found such a love for these people within less than an hour! Heavenly definitely loved them, and I feel so grateful that I was able to feel partially how He feels about all of his children!

So I can't just share a spiritual story, I have to also add my adventures of course.. haha

1. So I didn't end up eating the crickets last week, we got out of eating those because the members hid them in their house while the elders were in the backyard. Ha! So they ended up sending to this other elder in the mish to make sure we wouldn't have to eat them. Well in place of the crickets the Elders said we had to do something else.. We were playing with one of those huge yoga exercise balls last Monday.. So naturally, the Elders turned it into an intense game of lets hold it, run full speed towards each other, and bounce off of each other! So they end up talking us into doing it, and the elders got the video of it! It is HILARIOUS!!!! Hahaha! We were completely synchronized together! We both ran, bounced off each other, took 3 steps backwards, and fell at the same exact timing!!! So that was pretty grreat!! 

2. We were doing service for this sweet old lady with all the Elders in our district on Friday. We weeding and chopping down trees. So basically she had this steep hill next to her house and there was a vine in the perfect spot. The Elders started it, if I am to be honest, but Sister Lee and I definitely finished it! So ya, WE SWUNG FROM VINES!!!!! Elder Callister got a really good picture of me doing it! I totally felt like Tarzan! Hahaha.

3. Sister Lee and I were in our appt. getting ready to head out in the morning, when I hear a noise outside our window. So i look through the blinds in our room, and there are 2 little girls play house or something.. but one of them saw me and was like," There was a person looking at us!" So I close the blinds and get Sister Lee. When we come back they were both super close to our window trying to see if they could somehow see through our blinds or something.. haha. So being a tired not thinking completely straight missionary we decide to do something weird. Well I ended up pulling the blinds completely up and ducking as I did it, so they didn't see me. Then Sister Lee was on the other side of the room waving to them.. Haha. They were super confused! Then I shut the blinds really fast, and we ended up seeing them again when we left and they waved bye to us. They were super cute(: We both died laughing about that though.

4. We were at a members house and there was this little boy, Benjamin, and the member wanted me to watch him for a second. Normally that would be fine, but he was sitting up on a tall chair and I technically can't hold little boys. So I was awkwardly trying to keep him from falling off this chair. Haha. Well he was playing with this little toy cell phone and was talking to it then putting it up to my hear to talk to it. Then he ended up dropping it, and right when it dropped it said," Goodbye!" We were all laughing at that(:

5. I HAVE CHIGGERS!!! Sister Lee and I were talking to this guy for litterally 5 minutes in the grass and she came out with tons of "Mosquito bites." I only came out with 2. However I got a ton more somehow the next few days. So we count them up, and she had 39 and I had 56!!! So later we found out that they were chiggers, and they were slowly moving up our legs! EWWW! I had literally bugs under my skin! But we but top coat nail polish on them, and I guess that suffocates them. They don't itch as bad anymore, but be thankful that no one got them on the back east trip because it is bad!

Well love you all, and have a great week!!!

Love always,

Sister Steffani Stokes

No comments:

Post a Comment