Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 10th

Hey Everyone!

I cannot even begin to believe Amanda and Brenden are both officially done with their missions this week!! Holy guacamole! Man, does time fly by or what?! I will need lots of pictures from their homecomings!(: But from the family mission front we still have Corbin, me, and soon to be Melissa! I feel like we are just moving down Grandmas grandchildren wall with everyone going on missions!! Woooo! I am truly blessed to be a part of my family. Honestly you guys at home are the reason I am able to keep going on the rough days. When I remember how much this gospel has blessed my family, and how I could not do it without all of you, and that gives me the motivation to go out so others can have a family like ours. We aren't perfect, obvi, but the gospel has blessed our family tremendously! 

One thing we did this week was borrow rakes from our relief society president, sister Luke, and we went around to a bunch of members in the ward and rambunctiously raked their yards! It was so fun! Jumping in the piles afterwards is definitely the best part! Haha. 

Sister Driesels birthday was on Sunday! She turned 22 so I feel like she is my older sister(Amanda)! And She has a little sister who is 19, so I am her little sister! Haha. Except for the fact that her sister is married and about to have her first child.. hopefully we aren't the same that way.. or I would probably have to have a serious talk with my mission president.. haha. ;)

One pretty cool thing: we were walking down the street and started talking to everyone, and we ran into a girl named McKayla. We start talking and she tells us that her babys grandma is a mormon. Turns out that Sister Grice, a member in our ward, was her babys grandma! Sister Grice had told us about someone she wanted to refer us to, but didn't think she was quite ready yet.. however, I guess the Lord felt differently! I just thought that was the coolest thing. So we told sister Grice about what happened and she got so excited! She came out to our lesson we set up with them a few days later and started talking to her mom as well. Her mom, Barb accepted baptism on december 13th, McKayla was a little hesitant but was still excited to learn more. I am so excited to continue to teach them! 

Well this week has been awesome! Love it in Indiana, home of the Colts(Just for you Mom!). Don't have too much fun in Portugal without me.(; Have a great week peeps!

Love Always,

Sister Steffani Stokes<3

No comments:

Post a Comment